Vancouver, British Columbia – Canada – April 28, 2020: Boost Human External Cargo Systems (www.boostsystems.ca), the global leader in the provision of the most advanced, certified and compliant Human External Cargo (HEC) Systems and services for the rescue, utility, public safety and defense sectors introduces its latest offering, a dual hook HEC system for the MD500 series helicopter. The MD500 HEC system is fully compliant to the latest FAR 27.865 and FAA AC133-1B HEC standards.
Jeff Yarnold, Vice President-Operations for Boost Systems states that the MD500 series HEC system approval comes at a time when the helicopter industry is challenged with the COVID-19 pandemic; and that his MD500 HEC system offers operators a superior HEC system that when compared to the alternative, and being offered at extremely competitive pricing.
“We have remained in contact with MD500 operators over the past several months, and we are very aware of the financial challenges they are facing. In addressing this, our goal is to work with operators to ensure they have access to our best-in-class HEC systems. We’ve also made the decision to package our MD500 HEC systems with our FAA-approved Personnel Carrying Device Systems (optional) to provide operators with even greater financial and operational value.”
The Boost Systems MD500 HEC system is recommended for use for CFR Part 133 external load missions including SAR, Law Enforcement and Rescue HEC operations as well as cargo transport, utility line work including powerline maintenance and forestry operations.
- Highest Removable HEC Hook available – 900 lb HEC Working Load Limit.
- Removable HEC Hook enables operational flexibility by reducing overall fleet purchase costs (one hook may be shared between helicopters).
- Removable HEC Hook reduces the risk of connecting to the wrong hook during non-HEC operations.
- Compact Hydraulic Collective-mounted Primary Quick Release System with Dual Activation Device.
- Electric Back-up Quick Release System with Dual Activation Device (multiple mounting options).
- Hook Spacing avoids hook contact and risk of inadvertent release in flight.
- HEC Hook “Stopper Plug” for installation when not performing HEC operations.
- Integrated aluminum stopper to prevent fuel tank penetration during a vertical impact.
- Optional FAA-approved PCDS System.
Boost Systems offers HEC systems for the AS350, AS355, H125, Bell 206L, Bell 407 and MD500 helicopters. All systems are fully certified and compliant to the latest FAR 27.865 and FAA AC133-1B HEC standards (including optional approved PCDS) and provide the highest level of safety and versatility available to the industry.
Additional helicopter HEC systems under development by Boost that will available in 2020 include: Bell 212 and Bell 412, and the Airbus H135/145 helicopter/ BK-117.
Boost Human External Cargo Systems Inc. is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The company was founded to provide rescue, public safety & industry teams with the most advanced, fully certified, Human External Cargo Systems & training available.
Boost Systems works with top industry engineers, pilots, &technicians to develop systems & training that exceed industry standards and enables HEC users to reduce risk exposure & perform their missions safely and efficiently.
For more information:
Boost Systems Toll Free: +1 888 851 4014